About Canterbury College
Canterbury College is an esteemed educational institution that operates under the guiding principle encapsulated in its motto: “Fortior Quo Paratior,” which translates to “The Better Prepared, The Stronger.” The college’s vision is clear and forward-looking: to inspire and nurture young individuals who are confident, optimistic, and compassionate, ensuring they are ready to face the global challenges of the future.
The institution aspires to be recognised nationally as a leading ELC-12 coeducational school. They aim to deliver holistic academic and co-curricular excellence within an inclusive culture that pays homage to their Anglican heritage.
Central to Canterbury College’s ethos are its six core values, which play a pivotal role in shaping the institution and its community:
- Respect: Emphasising decency and kindness towards all, regardless of ethnicity, gender, culture, or religion.
- Integrity: Holding oneself accountable for decisions and ensuring that actions align with words.
- Community: Celebrating the collective strength of parents, teachers, students, and alumni working together.
- Scholarship: Encouraging continuous learning and mastering unfamiliar and challenging subjects.
- Compassion: Advocating for forgiveness, generosity, and understanding the perspectives of others.
- Social Responsibility: Championing equality and justice, amplifying the voices of the marginalized, and caring for the environment.
In essence, Canterbury College is more than just an educational institution; it’s a community that molds its students to be responsible, compassionate, and well-prepared individuals.